

Don't let these pictures fool you. We did NOT have it all together. It was only thanks to my mom that we were able to have this party. Bentley had asked for a dolphin AND ladybug party at first. I got her to narrow the theme and she chose to have a LADYBUG party. I had planned to go shopping for the party the night before when Adam got home from work. I should've had it done sooner, but between Adam working overtime, my lack of desire to take my kids with me, and celebrating Bentley's actual birthday as a family, it just hadn't gotten it done. I started feeling really sick with Crohn's during the day on Friday and by the time Adam got home from work, I was in bed. I thought if I was feeling better I could go in the morning, the party wasn't until 2:00, otherwise I could send Adam. Well, Saturday morning came and I still wasn't feeling well enough to run my errands. In addition, Adam had come down with a case of food poisoning or the stomach flu and couldn't get out of the bathroom. I contemplated postponing the party, but I didn't want to let Bentley or her little friends down, she was so excited, so, what could I do? I called my mom and she came to the rescue. She ran around for me to the party store, the craft store, the grocery store, and picked up balloons and frosting, a pinata and poster board, all the things we needed for Bentley's LADYBUG birthday party. She arrived at our house with bags and bags that we emptied as we threw the party together. My mom had even picked up a couple of outfits for both Bentley AND Aspen. They were actually pajamas, a LADYBUG one for Bentley and a pink animal skin one for Aspen. Bentley's leggins and tutu worked perfect with the shirt and iron on I hurried to attach for her birthday shirt. I felt like passing out and was doubled over with a tummy ache by the time we finished, but we were ready-enough for all the girls to arrive.
When the girls came we started by playing "Pin the Dots on the LADYBUG"
Then we did some LADYBUG coloring pages
And played several games of "Hot LADYBUG"
Time to open presents...
I love this picture of Bentley hugging Ellie. Aren't they adorable?
The LADYBUG cupcakes. The girls sang to Bentley and then she blew out her candle.
Bentley also wanted a LADYBUG pinata. Each of the girls took a turn trying to break it open without hitting Adam. I think he was a little nervous standing so close. I was glad he was feeling well enough by this time to be the one to hold that broom stick. Next time we do a pinata we'll have to think of a better way to tie it up.
Filling their LADYBUG bags with candy just before it was time to go
I think Bentley and the rest of the girls were happy. It's hard to know how much to plan to keep little girls busy for two hours. I had planned an activity for the girls to plant some seeds in a cup and make a LADYBUG home for them to take home, but we didn't have enough time. Better to have too much for them to do than not enough, right?
After the party was over I collapsed in bed. When I woke up a few hours later, my mom was still here, cleaning my house. I am so blessed to have her in my life... Thank you, mom, for everything you do for us! We never could have pulled off Bentley's party without you. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment