Saturday, June 06, 2009
Aspen and Bentley's Dance Recital
Aspen has loved taking dance this year. I didn't have Bentley enrolled because she wasn't old enough, but on the days that we stayed and waited for Aspen, Bentley would join in. As hard as it is to imagine, I think she might love dancing even more than her sister. Aspen's dance class wasn't far from our house, but with the construction that was going on, it just wasn't worth it to drive back. Aspen's dance teacher, Marnie, was so sweet to let Bentley stretch, dance, and even tumble with the class. I tried to make sure Bentley wasn't a distraction, because the girls were enough of a distraction to one another. At times Bentley actually participated and listened better than they did. Marnie mentioned to me one day that she wanted Bentley to dance in the recital coming up. She knew the dances well enough but I didn't think Marnie was serious. The morning of the recital Adam came home from taking Aspen to the rehearsal and had outfits for Bentley. Marnie had been serious and had gathered outfits for Bentley to wear! We kept it a secret that Bentley was going to dance too, which wasn't hard because we had just found out that morning, so when Adam's parents and my mom came to watch Aspen they were surprised to see both girls on stage. My dad wasn't able to make it but we got it all on video for him. Both girls were so cute! Bentley was so excited to dance with her big sister and did better than some of the older girls. I think Aspen really liked having Bentley dance with her too. I need to cherish these days when my girls want to be together. I'm know the time will come when they will want their own space but I hope they are always the best of friends,


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment